1. There are as many ‘‘right’’ diets as there are people on the planet.
2. What’s healthy for one person might not be healthy for YOU.
3. The body has an innate wisdom, beyond any book or authority.
4. Diets are not useful as dogma, but they are useful references.
5. Your body is the ultimate dietary authority for every phase of your life.
Be dedicated to serve the truth of your body, rather than the dogma of any diet.
Embrace appetite, trust satiety,…
6. Your diet changes as YOU change.
Flexibility vs rigidity
7. Your body is the most powerful, least expensive and BEST dietary experimentation lab in existence.
Eating doesn’t make you a good or a bad person. Break the rules, listen to your body! Move beyond food as a moral judgement about who we are as people. We are all deserving of love, our relationship with food is asking us to have awareness and presence and listening. Experiment using awareness and presence and listening, allows us to express the best version of who we are. Use that laboratory.
8. Your RELATIONSHIP with food and your body impacts your health more powerfully than the food you eat.
If you believe all food is your enemy, no matter what you eat, your body will position itself to the “danger” of all food.
If you believe you are hideous, hate yourself, or think you have a gross body, “I’m ugly”: Your thoughts are attacking your body; a mental attack on the body. Auto-immune= body attacking itself. Are thoughts influencing food allergies, are you launching rockets at yourself every day?
If you believe, “I am fat”. Your body obeys your beliefs you’ll create behaviors that make you fat or will be in situations where you FEEL fat. The belief must change.
Help shift the harmful beliefs into a new, truer belief.
9. Every symptom, craving or behavior around food has a POSITIVE INTENTION; therefore symptoms, cravings and behaviors are not the problem, they are the just the best SOLUTION you have come up with so far.
The body is designed to heal, preserve, live optimally. They are messengers that what you are doing is either not working, or it is! The problem is not binge eating, it is the way of coping with life. No matter how destructive or dysfunctional it looks like from the outside… Acceptance first, rec. The positive intention of the symptom/craving becomes clear and will be a wonderful guide toward better, happier self.
Ex, stomach ache: the stomach pain isn’t the big issue. It’s a symptom of an issue: emotional, food sensitivity…it’s the messenger that asking you to seek a new solution.
Craving= body’s request for balance. Body’s request/solution to something that needs to be dealt with.
10. Nourishment is about much more than just food.