Infrared Sauna Therapy
Calvert Rejuvenations Infrared Sauna Therapy
Discover the benefits of Calvert Rejuvenations infrared sauna therapy in Reston/Herndon: Deeply detox, burn up to 600 calories in 40 relaxing, rejuvenating minutes.
HOW IT WORKS
Infrared saunas use FAR infrared heat, which is the most efficient method for triggering sweat and detoxification in our bodies.
Unlike traditional saunas, infrared heat absorbs into the body to produce a deep, detoxifying sweat in a gentle, dry-heat environment. You can breathe easily and will leave feeling energized instead of sluggish.
During your 40 minute session, you can expect a dramatic caloric burn you’d get from a vigorous aerobic workout; up to 600 calories!
Infrared light penetrates deep within the body bathing internal organs with healing light unlocking even hard to reach toxins and heavy metals. Infrared heat penetrates up to 9 inches into your body to kill parasites, pull out toxins, kill weak or damaged cells, and increase circulation to boost oxygen, nutrient flow and strengthen immune cells. The red, orange and yellow colors of the chromotherapy (LED therapy lights) activate the liver and intestine for deeper cleansing.
With frequent sessions, your skin gets activated to perform as a detox tool every day. The more you practice, the more efficient your body becomes at removing toxins through this powerful organ.
Wound and tissue healing.
Muscle circulation and growth hormone is increased to boost muscle recovery and accelerate wound healing and other types of tissue injury.
Boosts metabolism. Increases ATP production in our mitochondria (energy for the cells) to boost metabolism naturally. Think: less fatigue, more natural energy, better operating bodies, and improved hormone production.
Rejuvenates skin, reduces body fat and cellulite. With its deep penetration, IR unlocks toxins that are deeply stored in the skin to heal condition like acne scars, eczema, rosacea and more. The visible red and NIR light energizes and repairs damaged cells by boosting collagen and elastin production and returning the skin to a more youthful look.
*Be sure to consult your doctor before taking a sauna if you are pregnant or have a heart or kidney condition.
Try it today! Take advantage of our Introductory Rate for your first service – we’re confident you’ll feel amazing and love every minute.
Individual Session (savings available with series purchase)
45 min, $40
How to Sauna
1. Come well-hydrated to your sessionâ€¦the more hydrated you are beforehand the better detox and fat loss you’ll experience. Continue to drink at least 8 oz of water per hour after your session to rehydrate and to continue the benefits! We highly recommend replenishing electrolytes and B vitamins- try the easy packets of gluten-free, vegan, all-natural supplements we have in the boutique. $1/packet. yum! bring a glass with you into the room (not in the sauna!) so you’ve got it hand if you need it during your session.
2. You may wear something comfortable and loose fitting such as a bathing suit or workout apparel or rent a spa wrap or extra towel for $1. Though we find it most comfortable to go au naturel (your clothes will usually be completely drenched with sweat). We provide 2 towels, one for the bench, the other to dab your glowing face and to use at your back if you choose to lean against the walls. You must be fully clothed exiting the sauna room, even if you plan to shower down the hall in our restroom.
3. Other than applying our Sweat Amplifier Cream, do not apply any oils/lotions, deodorant, cosmetics or perfume before entering the sauna as it will impair your ability to sweat.
4. Refrain from eating heavy foods or full meals 1 hour prior to your session for comfort’s sake and more maximum efficacy.
5. We recommend showering as soon as possible after your session, either in our shower at the spa or at your home to quickly wash away the toxins you’ve just sweated out! Showering immediately following your session will ensure optimal results; toxins can be reabsorbed if not washed away.
6. ENJOY! If necessary, you may open the door to the sauna at any time during your session if you feel too hot. this should be a relaxing, enjoyable experience! You will still receive the benefits of infrared while fresh air circulates in the sauna
Will I still be burning more calories through the day after my sauna session?
Yes. By increasing your basal metabolic rate, your sauna session has lasting energy expenditure even after your session is over.
I don’t usually sweat a lot, will the infrared sauna still be OK for me?
For many people with varying levels of toxicity (chemical, heavy metal, pesticide) it may take between 5 and 10 sessions to begin to see volume of sweat increased. Hydration is key to enhancing the detoxification and sweating and will greatly improve the sweat volume in those who have trouble at first. Individuals working up to a deep, profuse sweat will still be receiving the benefits of therapeutic infrared rays and detoxification through urine, bowels and hair.
Our clinically proven â€œSweat Enhancerâ€ cream will boost your sweating and aid in the detoxification and fat burning process.
How long are my infrared sauna sessions at Calvert Rejuvenations?
Infrared saunas are reserved for 60 minutes, 20 minutes to change clothes before and after and between 30 and 40 minutes sauna session, depending on conditioning and comfort level.
How often should I use the infrared sauna?
We recommend daily sessions for an aggressive weight loss and concentrated approach to detoxification. The more the better! Try to sauna immediately following your workout/fitness program to see the best results and feel absolutely amazing.
Will I lose water weight or fat?
Yes, which will be regained upon rehydration. But the calories burned are real. As you relax in the gentle heat of our saunas, your body is actually hard at work pumping blood (increased heart rate), increasing circulation and producing sweat to cool you down – hence the calorie burn! According to a Journal of the American Medical Association report, in a single sauna session you may burn as many calories as you would running for 60 minutes. So you lose weight – not just water! This is a great way to compliment exercise and a healthy diet.
Will I bet bored?
We highly recommend you use the time in the sauna to meditate and relax, but we also provide music, tv and magazines as well. Or spend quality time alone with a friend. We even have some customers that bring their phone and text or check email. However, we don’t recommend this practice due to the heat in the sauna. Remember boredom is a state of mind and the most immediate relief your sauna session is simple relaxation, as it melts away the stresses and tensions of our daily life.
Can I bring a friend to sauna with me?
Yes! Two people can comfortably enjoy a session together.